Friday, February 10, 2012

I thought.

I thought I should pop in,you know,and let y'all know how things are going.

I'm actually feeling so much stronger. I'm telling you,isolation truly gives power to the voice of the one who wants to deceive you. Putting in out in the light allows you to see it for what it is.

I have felt so supported and loved on this week,by various precious friends and family who have encouraged me.

The Lord has also shown Himself to me in SO many ways this week. A sweet friend called out of the blue,during one of my worst moments,and cried on MY behalf. That's deep. My tears came later,but for her to be so authentic and love on MY pain helped me. A precious lady at Macy's (an angel,I'm sure) gave me a 40% discount on a ballgown that I could not afford.

Small mercies,new- every single day.

I have steeped myself in God's Word this week,and it has been so rich. Just going back to the beginning,Genesis,and watching God unfold His creation,and see His perfect plan has been wonderful for me. Right now,I'm in the middle of Moses leading the people out of Egypt. Moses,just an ordinary guy,chosen by God to do something extraordinary! One of my favorite passages of the Bible to read is when Moses is leading the people out of Egypt,and they get to the Red Sea. Suddenly,they see the Egyptians coming after them-the people are terrified,and complaining at Moses about why he "brought them into the desert to die". And this is what he tells them:

Exodus 14:13-14 (emphasis mine)
13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Just be still. He will fight for YOU (and me).

And,just in case you don't know the whole story, the Lord enabled Moses to separate the Red Sea on their behalf,and they crossed,safely.

God's perfect plan. And it is perfect. It was for Moses,and it is for each of us.

I heard this amazing song the other day on the radio,and it really ministered to my heart. It's called We Are by Kari Jobe. Here's a little section of it.


Every secret, every shame
Every fear, every pain
Live inside the dark
But that's not who we are
We are children of the day

So wake up sleeper, lift your head
We were meant for more than this
Fight the shadows conquer death
Make the most of the time we have left

Truly,we were meant for more than this. And I am so thankful that this is not my home. There is something better.

Remembering the good news,
Lindsay






No comments: