Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This is going to be one of those quick posts about,well..not much.

I am either crazy or foolish,but I decided to potty train Matilda. Ugh. I'm regretting that particular decision right about now,but..we persevere.

See,I was going to wait until March,because Erik will be at school and I could focus on it completely. Plus,it will be warmer by then,and we could just do the dress/panty route. Julianna was 28 months when I trained her,and it went quite quickly. But,nooo. I ended up getting the little potty out to 'introduce' her to it,and she kinda started using it. Well,I couldn't back down then,or she would be confused.

So,day 1 and 2 were great. She only had one accident each day. I was so proud! I was even planning a post about tips & tricks for potty training.

Then,day 3. Oh my gosh. She pretty much spent the whole day peeing on herself. I was so disappointed because I had been cooped up in the house for 72 hours saying "Tillie,do you need to pee-pee/go potty?" I felt like all that hard work was wasted. However,I woke up today with a resolve to press on,and pretend like yesterday didn't happen.

And,day 4 was perfect. :D YAY! She peed,she pooped (TMI?),and she didn't have one accident. Also,on day 2 she told me she wanted to go in the big potty. So,I stuck the baby potty back in the closet,and she's been going on the big potty ever since. Woooo!

I was thinking of taking her to the store tomorrow and testing her out,but I think I'll give her a few more days.

Also,Erik and I went to the OCS Graduation Ball last night. It was nice. They did have free (read:inept) childcare there,so that was ok. I think we learned some things about what NOT to do next time,and I'm sure there will be a next time,as each cycle there is a ball after the candidates finish their school.
Julianna took this one,after we got home. I did have on a nice lipstick while we were there. ;o)

Annnnnd,let's see. The kids and I are heading home in a few weeks,and we'll be there for a few weeks. Erik has to do school,and it will be good for him to just focus on that,and not have to worry about us.

On the weight loss front,not much is happening. I mean,142-144 is where my body wants to hang out at. Unless I slash my caloric intake to 1200 a day,I can't go lower than that. Obviously,it's hard to eat like more for more than 3-4 days because I am pretty active taking care of the kids and stuff. So. Where do I go from here? Accept it? Try a no carb/lo carb thing? Eat massive amounts of donuts? *Ahem*

And that's all the randomness I have for now. :)


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Nice looking couple.