Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year,New You...or,Me.

I was in the shower when the Lord spoke to me.

I felt so naked.

To be fair,He knows what my calendar looks like,and it's pretty full. So,what better time to get your point across? This wasn't our first shower conversation.

Noted.


It was August 4th,2010,and I was beginning my faith walk with the Lord. I was energized and encouraged,ready to submit,take up the cross and follow Him. I was in the shower,praying about God's will. I was ready to do BIG things!

Come on Lord,give it to me straight! What can I do for You today?

And then,I felt His words wash over my heart.He said, not only do you have to guard your heart against worldly things,you have to guard your body against the will of the flesh.

Uh,Lord,does this mean what I think it means? Are you telling me to lose weight? Really? THIS is your big plan?...Guard my body?

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body" -1 Cor. 6:19-20

BAM! I heard THAT loud and clear.

And that,my friends,is how my weight loss journey began. On August 5th,2010,at 197.8 pounds,I found a weight watchers calculator online,grabbed a blank journal,and got to work. And it has not been easy. Many times,I have cried out to the Lord for strength.There have been disappointing days and weeks.. However,through it all,there has been one sustaining force. My Heavenly Father has kept me on the right path. This victory will be His alone.

Oh,but I'm not done yet. Oh,no. There is more to do. So,for 2011,here's what I'm hoping to achieve.

166 by 1/1
160 by 2/1
155 by 3/1
150 by 4/1
145 by 5/1
140 by 6/1
135 by 7/1
and then,I will enter into maintenance mode.

In the past,I would never have thought I could ever do something like this. Now,I know where my strength is coming from,and I am excited to see this through. There are many verses I lean on,but Phil. 4:13 -I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength- is my verse for this journey.

Praying to be a big loser this year! :o)




No comments: