Tuesday, January 6, 2009

HB My Juli-Girl!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday my sweet girl
Happy Birthday to you!

Dear Julianna,

At 2 years ago,this moment,I was only a few minutes away from our first meeting. I couldn't quite believe it when they laid you on my chest. I think I said 'I can't believe I just had a baby,did I just have a baby?' I'm actually embarrassed about how many times I said that. You were so small and warm,slippery and pink,and I couldn't quite believe that you were mine. The first thing I noticed was how small you were,and the second thing: that you looked just like your daddy. Haha! I should have known,31 hours of labor and Little Erik pops out. I can't tell you what it felt like when they took you across town to the NICU. It was heart-wrenching,believe me when I tell you that. You were the smallest one in the nursery,and the most...spirited. LOL. I wanted you home so bad,and luckily we didn't have to wait long. Bringing you home was sobering,but exciting. We've been through a lot of trials since then. Thanks for being so patient while we learn together. Thanks for hanging in there with me and dad even though we've been blubbering idiots at times ,trying to figure out what was wrong. You are the most energetic,feisty,amazingly beautiful little girl,and I couldn't have done better if I picked you myself. Luckily,there is someone much bigger than us that knew just what to do. I hope that your 3rd year of life will be a wonderful adventure. We never know where we will be,or what we'll be doing,but we always put our faith in the Lord,and he carries us through. Happy 2nd Birthday my Juli-Kate,you are loved more than you will ever know!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

The Chapman Family said...

back at work now... i can keep up with your blog again! YAY! btw- had a blast at the mall, wish we were in closer proximity! :)