Saturday, August 23, 2014

 Hello,again!

I will no longer be titling my posts,because,well I'm just beyond that point of cleverness. Be content,people. This mediocre writing takes all of my creative juices.

So,I changed the title of my blog from Living Out Love to The Empty Pages. You noticed? Oh,good.

Well,one day I was listening to the radio and I heard this song from Francesca Battestilli (a christian artist) called Write Your Story.

The lyrics briefly say:

I'm an empty page
I'm an open book
Write your story on my heart
Come on and make your mark.

It just made SO much sense to me. I have no idea what the Lord has planned for our family,but there is something so safe and secure knowing I can just rest in Him,and these empty pages will be filled up.


 Here's a video of the song I referenced above. It's so good. Give it a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ghJA2Szs4


In other news, the weather here is brutal this summer. The high today was 100, same percentage humidity, and we all melted. The heat advisory lasted until 10 p.m. Geez. I'm ready for some cooler temperatures, but this is the deep south,and so I will settle for anything less than 90 at this point.

We let the kids play out in the sprinklers for a bit before lunch,in hopes that they might run off some energy and take naps during quiet time. The only ones tired were Erik and I. Isn't that the way it goes? I can pretty much promise that I laid on the couch for 0.004 seconds before my head flopped over and a steady stream of drool made its way down my chin. I'm not as young as I once was - thank you Toby Keith for that bit of wisdom.

I then went grocery shopping,sans kids (they got movie time), and when I got home,the ice cream was soup. And not milkshake like,either. More like water. My car said it was 114 degrees when I got in. I think I went into the store with a sweat stain on my butt. Luckily, I had a little ice cream left from last week (mint chocolate chip!), so I was able to cool off once I got home.

On that note, it's time to turn in for the night. We have an early morning wake up call so that we can go to a pancake breakfast at church tomorrow. I will wake up at nearly anytime for some pancakes and syrup. Are you with me? :)






No comments: