Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Weighty Update!

Ahhh,at this point,I don't know what week I would/should be on. I thought I would just do an update since the last WI,and then continue to update every 2 weeks or so.

I don't feel the urgency of the weekly weigh-ins anymore,because I'm getting close to my goal,and so weekly,it may not seem like much is happening. Every 2 weeks will be more feasible for me.

About 5 weeks ago,I had to take a break. I was getting obsessed about losing weight,and got frustrated when I hit a huge plateau. The 150's were not kind to me.

Here's a little chart that I wrote in my food journal (how long I stayed in each 10 pound bracket):
190's: 8.5.10-9.6.10 (4 weeks)
180's: 9.7.10-10.30.10 (7 weeks)
170's: 10.31.10- 12.13.10 (6 weeks)
160's: 12.14.10- 1.25.11 (6 weeks)
150's: 1.26.11- 4.17.2011 (11 weeks)

So,as you can see,I really hit a big plateau in the 150's and it was hard to break out of. I decided to take a few weeks off,stop journal-ing and just try to eat normally. It was a little test of sorts! I passed my own test,because in the time I didn't journal,I didn't gain or lose a single ounce. I was exactly where I started. That was great news for me,because I thought,I guess I've learned something after all. :)

Now,though,I want to get to my original goal,which was to lose 60 pounds while Erik was gone. I need to be at 137.8. I have about 8 weeks to get there,and I am working hard! My goal right now is to stay completely on plan during the week (M-F) and journal everything,and then enjoy myself a bit more on the weekends,splurging a little. This is a lifetime gig for me,so I need to find something that will work long term.

So,I'll be back in 2 weeks to check in with you about where I am on the final stage of this wonderful,amazing journey!

SW: 197.8
CW: 144.0




No comments: