Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beep Beep.

Here's what I should be doing: cleaning.
Here's what I am doing: updating y'all on what's going on over here!

Ah,where to begin?

Well,my mom (AKA GiGi) came to visit us for a week. It was the fastest week ever,but we had a great time and made the most of it while she was here. We TRIED to get Matilda's first pictures done,BUT she was being a turd,and after 15 minutes of screaming,I called it a day and we left. After that,we just focused on doing fun things with Julianna..going to the park,bowling,and a morning at the Jump Zone. So,now GiGi is back home,and we will see her again in May,when she comes to take us home.

This coming weekend,we have more guests coming,my dad and step-mom (AKA Nonny and Poppy). This will be their first time meeting the little miss,so we're looking forward to it. I think the weather should cooperate with us this weekend,which is nice.

My kidS (I have KIDS!) are doing well. Julianna is just the best little girl ever. She hasn't shown one sign of jealousy since Matilda was born. She loves her so much,and is very protective. She wakes up in the morning and wants to know where baby sister is. She holds her,brings me diapers (and throws them away lol),and is just all around a fabulous big sister! I don't have as much time as I want,to play with her,but I try to make time to do special little things for her/with her.

Matilda is..a little precious pie. We visited with the lactation consultant today,and she weighed a whopping 7lbs,14oz. Wowza. I guess mommy milk does a baby good! ;) Julianna didn't reach that until she was about 3 months old. I'm very happy that breastfeeding is going well. I was determined to stick it out this time,and although it has been very difficult at times,we're hanging in there. We seem to have held off the colic and reflux,which makes me so happy,because I'm not sure I could handle that again.

Erik and I are doing well. It's nearly impossible to have 'alone' time right now,but we know this won't last long. Overall,we are really enjoying our family of 4.

(Matilda is in the wrap under my jacket lol)




No comments: