Sunday, February 22, 2009

Here comes the bride..

Weight Update:
1) -7
2) -1
3) -3

Slowly but surely I'm getting there. My goal is 3 pounds for next week!

I'm in wedding planning mode! It's been a long time since I've thought about weddings,but I'm jumping back in. As you know,my brother Justin proposed to his girlfriend the week of Valentines day,and she said yes! So,we went over tonight and talked with them about their wedding plans. They both love the beach,so it was a natural choice to want to marry there. They would like to have a destination wedding,of sorts. Renting a house or Inn for the weekend,and then having the wedding and reception down by the beach. It's going to be a small affair,with about 25 guests,and I am so excited to help out. I sort of got picked by default,since I don't have a job or anything. Haha! I'm really excited,though. I came home and popped online to see what I could find! There are some beautiful establishments down on the banks that would be perfect for what they want. So exciting!

This weekend was kind of busy. On Saturday we went to Knightdale Baptist Church,for 'MeMa's' birthday. Erik's grandma turned 90 years old,and the family threw a large party for her. It was the first time I had been in that church reception hall since my wedding there,and was the first time I had seen a lot of people since then lol. A very nice party,and we enjoyed it. On Sat. night we went over to Poppy and Nonny's (my dad and his wife) house to hang out and play UNO. We have a fierce UNO competition going on in the family,and I am sad to say I lost my title to Justin,who whipped our asses. Sunday we went over to Justin's with mom to talk about the wedding and eat dinner. Overall, a very nice weekend.

Anna and I only have a week or so left here,and I am relieved and sad all at the same time. We have been so happy here,but my home is calling me,and I'm ready to get back in the swing of things.

When we get home,I am going to completely redecorate the house. I've been drawing up how I want to re-arrange things,and I'm buying a little bit at a time,so I can have it all ready when I get home. I'm going for a cottage-y type of feel.

That's all on the home front for now!



No comments: