Friday, April 13, 2012

So,I was reading this message board the other day,just a mom one where people talk about parenting,pregnancy,homeschooling,etc. Anyway,someone posed a question:

How do moms,who do all of these fun,interesting things with their kids,have time to take pictures of it,and then blog about it??

I concur. I would love the answer to that.

Friends,this is just where I'm at right now. I am a busy mom. The girls and I are doing all kinds of things...but that's just it. We are doing things,and I want to be involved while we're doing it,not standing on the sidelines snapping pics,and coming up with a fun way to display it all. It stinks,because this blog has been my baby for a long time. I used to really enjoy writing,and of course I love to talk about my kids! However,I think the time has come for me to shut down the old blog for a bit.

See,if you are a blog reader,like me,then you know that there are very few successful mom blogs that aren't used as advertisements of some sort. For instance,I have no ads on my blog. I might make some money if I did,but it's never been about that to me. There have been times when I have thought that maybe if I treat blogging more like a job,then I might have more success.

My blog is small,and my readers are few. I'm OK with that,but it also hasn't spurred me on to keep up to date,because I know that most of the people reading this know everything anyway.

If I was going to be serious about this,I would need to have someone design something cute for my blog (which costs money),and then be serious and intentional about topics,scheduling.

I guess I just don't have it in me right now.

I'm really enjoying reading my Bible,and I spend most of my free time doing that. I started with the goal to read the Bible in a year,but now,my goal is to do it in 6 months. I am also working on some personal Bible study. The Lord is doing some work in my heart right now,and I'm hoping to weed out the good things in my life for the BEST things. If you've read Radical by David Platt,you know what I'm talking about.

I know this post is all over the place,but I feel it's time to say good-bye for a bit. I am going to leave the blog up,because I want to go back and print some important pages off,but as of today,I'm on a permanent blogging break.

Thank you so much for supporting and encouraging my little venture. :)


No comments: